Why Visual Content is
so Important in
Visual Content is a general term for the graphic materials used to present your information. It is an effective way of explaining difficult concepts or large amounts of information.
In oil and gas industry, the visual content is typically found in the form of brochures, catalogs, and animations. They are all helpful tools when it comes to visiting a customer or making a presentation. These marketing materials will be kept by your potential customer to remind them about your product, service, or company. The way how you present the information is crucial to maintaining their attention.
- 55% more people will retain information if visual content is included
- When images are relevant, readers can spend more time looking at the visual content than the words on the page
- 32% of marketers state that visual images are the most important form of content for their business, with blogging in second at 27%.
When people hear information, they’re likely only to retain 10% of it a week later. However, when visual content is paired with the same information, that percentage jumps up to 65%. That’s more than half of the people who saw your presentation in the first place!
Eye-tracking studies show that readers pay close attention to information paired with images. When images are relevant, readers can spend more time looking at the visual content that the words on the page. During a keynote speech, it is much more helpful to have well-designed slides that are paired with the information presented by the speaker.
The following are just a few examples of the visual content types:
- Logos, Fonts, Letterheads,
- Catalogs, Brochures, Flyers,
- Video Production
- 2D/3D Animation
- Technical Graphics
Proper Visual Content Distribution
With proper visual content distribution, the target audience can be reached through various channels such as digital media, direct mail, billboards, and trade shows. There are limited hours available per day for your business development and sales teams, so they need to be used wisely. Visual content will boost your potential to turn hot leads into new customers.
After analyzing over 1 million articles, BuzzSumo found that articles with images appearing after every 75-100 words are shared twice as often on social media compared to articles with fewer visuals.
Dynamic video content, such as video and animation, promises to be the leading forms of information distribution and utilization. Do you ever find it helpful to watch educational videos about our industry on YouTube or LinkedIn? Your customers do, too.
In the last two years, mobile video usage has increased by nearly 10 million daily viewing minutes. Oil and gas companies are experiencing a similar boost.
Considering all the above facts, the creative content is a crucial element of delivering information to your potential clients in the format they need.
Tips and Tricks:
Before planning an innovative media project, you need to consider several factors:
- What are your goals?
- Who is your intended audience?
- What types of product or service are you marketing to your customer base?
- What are the primary values and differentiators of your product among competitors and which of the most important to the target audience?
High-quality visual content has several characteristics:
- It is engaging, both visually and in the narrative.
- It is educational or entertaining.
- It is targeted to a specific demographics
And of course, the most significant indication of a job well done is a spike in interest to your product or service. With increased interest and traffic, you will enjoy getting more RFQs and calls